- 2 pounds stew beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper potatoes, celery, carrots and onions, cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp(heaping) Oxo Beef Powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 whole bay leaves
1 can whole mushrooms
- Put meat,flour, salt & pepper in crock pot and coat meat well.
- Meat does not to be browned. Trust me!
- Into hot water add Oxo Beef Powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and minced garlic.
- Add to crockpot with all other ingredients.
- Top to rim of pot with water. Mix well.
- Add bay leaves and cook on high all day.
- Before serving add can of whole mushrooms including juice(adding mushroom juice is optional).
- Heat long enough for mushroom to heat through.
Comments Coating the meat with flour will help it to get brown and will thicken the gravy.